I recorded a live Facebook video asking what makes people happy. Is it living without a worry about your financial situation? Is it the satisfaction of a job you love? Is it beauty or fame? As it turns out it’s none of these things.
Watch this quick video to find out and how to cultivate happiness in your home.
As a follow up to this video, I have styling tips to make the most out of your guest room when you're laying it out.
I also have easy and fashionable guest room updates three ways.
Guest Room STYLING TIPS
1. If the room is small, stick with one significant piece of furniture on each wall. In most instances, the bed will become the feature you highlight. If your guest room is multi-purpose, as an office, you could use a vanity as a desk then clear away your papers and things when family and friends come to visit.
2. Guests will appreciate having a mirror in the room. It could be full length or smaller, but it’ll be useful when they're getting ready for the day. Mirrors also help to open up small guest rooms visually, so they feel more substantial.
3. Use a minimum amount of furniture and choose multifunctional pieces to keep clutter down.
4. People appreciate having a dresser and hanging space to put their clothes away. If the room already has a closet don't worry about having a wardrobe. If the closet is a good size consider removing the door and putting a chest of drawers inside the closet while still allowing space to hang clothes.
5. If there is no closet or drawer space a luggage rack is a fantastic thing. A flat surface big enough to hold guests suitcases while they look for things is very thoughtful.
6. Since sleeping is the main event in your guest room having sunlight control options is a considerate detail. Layer sheer drapes and light-blocking shades to give people options for the amount of light they prefer in the room during a nap or in the morning.
7. Accessories and Extras that make people feel extra welcome and enjoy their time in your home.
hand steamer for close
books or magazines
water glass and bedside water container
extra clothing hangers
a night light
FASHIONABLE GUEST ROOM UPDATES 3 WAYS
Let the guest list begin today by treating yourself to a home makeover of your dreams. If you need some help getting started, go here to check out my One Day Room Makeover service. It could be just what you need to transform you spare room into the guestroom of your loved ones dreams.