THE PROCESS IS SIMPLE
Naturally, all projects are different, but I follow the same design process for all of my projects. It helps me stay organized, dot the I’s and cross the T’s. I’m always improving my process to provide the best possible experience and outcome for the one that matters most in the design process, YOU.
I bring a new perspective and guide you through the process of envisioning and realizing the best version of a beautiful and supportive home. I am happy to work with items you already own or start from a clean slate.
1. Design Discovery Call
I want to learn more about the project you have in mind and answer your questions.
2. Schedule Your Initial Design Consultation
After our call I will send you a link to schedule your initial design consultation. While you’re there you’ll receive:
- Access to your personal client portal
- My Interior Design Questionnaire
- Direction on collecting inspiration images to share with me
- Convenience of paying for your initial consultation by credit card online
3. Initial Design Consultation
- We will meet in person to discuss your project
- We'll discuss the different service options I offer and decide what will work best for you.
- Talk about your timeline and design investment which can include a budget exercise if you need help budgeting.
- Review my basic contract
4. After the Design Consultation
- I'll go over my contract with you and answer any questions you may have. The contract lays out everything that will be included in your design project, a timeline and budget.
- I also collect a retainer toward design services.
5. We’ll meet so I can measure and document your project space(s).
6. Schematic Design Meeting
It all starts with a solid plan.
- We’ll meet to review your design concept, design program, and floor plan.
- This stage could include meetings with any needed contractors. Including contractors early in the project can save on design time and prevent heartaches later in the process.
7. Design Solution Meeting
During this meeting I will present you with everything we'll need to achieve your project goals and wishes.
Your Design Solution May Include:
- Paint or overall color palette
- Elevation drawings of each wall so you can see what it will look like
- Window treatment design drawings for fabrication
- Cabinetry design drawings
- Material and finish samples
- Area rug(s) or carpeting
- Carefully curated furniture selections
- Mood board that shows you how everything looks together
- Contractor estimates
- Installation timeline
Your presentation can also include renderings.
This is an optional service I love creating for my clients. My photo-realistic images remove any doubt about how the room with look when it is complete. Renderings give you complete confidence. A mood board is great, but seeing your chosen pieces, in your space, is a different story. $350.00 for two views of the room.
8. Project Management Phase
Depending on the service you have selected, I will take care of this phase or you can choose a do it yourself option. This phase includes:
- Installation, construction, or renovation
- Purchasing, expediting, and logistics
9. Delivery and Design Installation
- This is the most rewarding part of the design process; seeing all our hard work and planning come together in front of your eyes.
This phase can also include accessories and final touches.