Two busy first-time parents on the Main line of philadelphia faced with a huge number of nursery design decisions combined with the demands of working full time, fatigue and time limitations.
Choosing nursery design decor that transitions from baby to child
- Lack of experience with child safety and products
- Desire to re-purpose items they already own into the design
Nursery Design Solutions
By not using a baby specific nursery design theme and finding the similarities in what they already owned the rooms became an expression of their family while complimenting the rest of the home.
- Color, pattern, and shape used to create a cohesive look that is playfully appropriate for baby and child.
- Safety addressed with proper crib placement, cordless window treatments, and anti-tip furniture
- Items they already owned were successfully incorporated. Some as is, other pieces were refinished and re-purposed into custom artwork.
Want to read what clients have to say about working with Susan Rains Design?
BEFORE AND AFTER