Relocation room planning will help you move in and move on with your life.
Rather than spend months or years trying to figure out how to arrange the furniture and pull it all together. I'll transform the overwhelm of planning for a move into easy moving day confidence.
I can help you re-imagine how the furniture and accessories you already own can be used and determine if you'll need new pieces to suit your new homes layout. I'll help you make the most out of your new space, your furniture and create a new home that reflects your personality.
Move into your new home with a lighter load and total confidence about how great it's going to look even before you unpack. You won't pay for the movers to bring furniture you can't use. No worries about having extra furniture that becomes a task to get rid of after the big move.
I'll personally guide you step by step through room planning and help you celebrate this new chapter in your life with less worry and a lot less work.
Has it been years since you've moved? Do you feel stuck when thinking about sorting through a lifetime of possessions? Maybe you don't know where to start and could use some hands-on help.
I'll help you make decisions about what to keep and what to give away, sell, or donate and choose your best options.
Moving into a Larger Home
Are you moving to a different home and don't know what pieces you should invest in to make your new home it's most comfortable, well organized and reflect your style?
Combining Two Households
Or are you combining two households and want to make sure your not duplicating items? I can help make the transition smoother by making sure you're both bringing what you need and want in your new home.
How Relocation Room Planning Works
1. The first step is to schedule a design discovery call with me. I'll get back to you as soon as possible to confirm your appointment.
Click to book your design discovery call now.
2. Next, I'll send you my insightful design questionnaire to help me learn more about you, your needs, style, and lifestyle.
3. We will then schedule a two-hour in-home consultation. This is time to get acquainted with you, inventory the furniture and accessories you'll bring to your new home, and go over your design questionnaire. Now I can go back to my studio to develop a design proposal for you.
I hired Susan Rains Design to help me with downsizing from a larger home to an apartment. She is a patient, good listener who provided structure and discipline during an often chaotic and emotionally-charged time.
Susan provided me with a furniture layout, paint colors, design ideas, and very useful specific suggestions for painting and carpeting contractors.
In addition, she provided email support that was very helpful. She has professional knowledge well beyond anything at my disposal and I recommend her to prospective clients who need help with making moving decisions and planning for their new home.”
— Barbara Meyer in Swarthmore, PA
INCLUDED in Relocation Room Planning
Inventory and measurement of your furniture. Having pictures and the exact measurements of your furniture will allow me to design a beautiful layout that has excellent flow and smart function.
I measure your new home and draw a professional, to scale floor plan. The majority of real estate floor plans are not drawn accurately and do not show the locations of outlets, light switches, and cable TV lines. It's no fun to realize you can't plug in a table lamp where you thoughtfully placed your end table.
Furniture layout solution meetings. Being together is the best way I can visually guide you through the process and answer your questions.
A sell/donate resource list you can use to purge the furniture you won't need in your new home.
List of items to consider purchasing to make your new home its most functional and pulled together from the very start.
Access to my online design studio and your personal project board. Here you will find all the elements of your project in one easy to use place. If you ever want to refer back to your design proposal, contractor estimates, furniture floor plan, furniture selections, color palette, upholstery, flooring, and wall material selections or construction drawings, this will be an easy place to find them.
You'll be kept in the loop with weekly project updates. I'll email you with an update on what I've worked on this week, what progress you can expect next week along with meeting reminders and any other important information.
Relocation Room Planning BONUS
Relocation room planning includes up to 3 hours of moving day assistance.
I'll help direct the movers and place your furniture as we planned.
I'll be there to help make any of the last minute decisions that pop up.
I strive to serve my clients in the Philadelphia metro with an interior design experience that is customized and delivered with attentive care from start to finish, saving you time, hassle and costly mistakes...... Click here to learn more about me.
Additional Services available with your relocation room planning
- 3-D drawings of your new home, so you know what your new space will look like before you move in.
- Window Treatments ( custom or prefabricated). Chances are good the previous owners window treatments don't reflect your needs or style.
- Paint color or wall cover selection. I can also recommend excellent painters and wallpaper hangers. A fresh coat of paint goes a long way to make your new home feel fresh and more like your own.
- Shop at Home Custom Framing and Art Selection because nothing completes a room like framed artwork.
- Final touches with accessories that bring everything together.
- Kitchen or bath remodel
- Kitchen or bath material selection
- Easy living home evaluation so that your move makes sense now and suits your needs well into the future.